It may sound obvious, but it’s worth saying: if you want to be an artist, songwriting skills are at the core your career. Without good songs, there is no career.
…Yes, we know: some artists don’t write their own songs. But most successful artists today do at least co-write their songs. We’re in the business of maximizing your chances of success, and you are more likely to be successful if you have songwriting skills.
We offer 7-week songwriting classes about twice a year, and one-on-one songwriting consultations year round with Justin Long. Some of our voice teachers also teach songwriting.
We can help you learn:
- How to identify song sections, song structures and arrangements.
- A song analysis method that will help you understand what makes great songs work.
- Various strategies to find ideas and themes for your own original songs.
- The basics of lyric writing: narrative, point of view and tense.
- An easy music theory method to help you write chord progressions and spice up basic songs.
- How to use melodic structure and repetition to write catchy melody lines.
- How to jumpstart your creativity and write when you are uninspired.
- The most important part of song writing: the editing process.
[themify_button style=”large flat red rect” link=”/contact”]Book Now[/themify_button]