Voice Lesson Rates
There are a lot of ways we can work together!
We have three groups of vocal coaches – Tungsten, Titanium, and Silver (named after three of the minerals mined in Colorado).
You can take half-hour, 45-minute, or hour lessons. 30 and 45-min lessons are pro-rated exactly off the hour prices. You can pay by the lesson, by the month, or by the 4-month period. Save $5/hour by paying by the month. Save $10/hour by paying for four months. (If you want to skip down to the nitty-gritty details, scroll all the way to the bottom.)
Hour or Half Hour?
Most adults take weekly or bi-weekly hour-long lessons, although some – particularly experienced adults who know how to warm up their voices effectively – take half-hour lessons.
Pre-teens and young teens usually take weekly lessons. Younger students often take half-hour lessons; older teens often take hour lessons. We suggest shorter lessons more frequently for shorter attention spans.
We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Full lesson payment is due for cancellations or reschedules inside that window. If you can’t make your lesson due to snow or transportation issues, we can still have the lesson by Skype, FaceTime, or Google Hangout. Our system sends automated emails and texts, so you’ll be sure to remember when you have a lesson. You can also log in to your account and view your upcoming schedule. Not receiving, or not reading, a reminder email or text does not let you off the hook for showing up to your lesson.
Some studios offer free first lessons. Why don’t we?
Because, like the personal trainer says in the following video: We provide value from day one, so we expect our clients to pay from day one. That first lesson is essentially a trial lesson – it’s just not free. Even if you decide there’s not a fit with the teacher and don’t want to continue, you will walk away from your first lesson with actionable tips and techniques. (Watch and laugh.)
Save $5/hour ($2.50 per half hour) by paying by the month.
- Monthly payments cover four weekly lessons in one calendar month. (Five if there are five lesson days in that month, such as five Tuesdays, and you stick to your lesson day.)
- If your teacher can’t make a regular lesson and you can’t mutually reschedule, we’ll pro-rate that month.
- You can reschedule lessons, if your teacher can.
- Credit card auto-payments charge on the 1st.
- Cash and checks are due at the last lesson of the preceding month.
- To stop your monthly payment, contact Adrienne (email@example.com) before the charge runs.
- Unused lessons don’t roll over month to month.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy still applies. (Lessons rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance are considered late cancellations and count toward your 4-lesson monthly total.)
Save $10/hour ($5 per half hour) by paying for four months.
- Four-month payments cover four months of weekly lessons, which is a total of 17 lessons.
- The entire payment is due up front.
- 5% discount for cash or check payment.
- If you or your teacher can’t make a regular lesson, we trust that you can mutually reschedule during the 4-month period. If not, let Adrienne know and we’ll make it right.
- Unused lessons don’t roll over from one four-month period to another four-month period.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy still applies. (Lessons rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance are considered late cancellations and count toward the 17-lesson total.)
For the spreadsheet-inclined, here’s how it breaks down.