Are you a good singer? Yes? Great! But are you a good performer?
What’s the difference?
A good singer has good vocal technique, and interprets a song with feeling appropriate to the song.
A good performer is also a good singer, but is also so much more!
- A good performer knows how to move around on stage with purpose appropriate to the song – not just wandering around.
- A good performer knows how to use the microphone not only as a sound amplifier, but as a tool and prop.
- A good performer knows about angles and placement, and how and when to use them.
- A good performer knows how to connect with and engage the audience.
- A good performer is aware of proper timing – for speaking, singing, and applause.
- A good performer is confident enough to lead, yet humble enough to be authentic and real.
Learn to use your tools. Learn how to be yourself on stage. Learn the basics of stage work. It takes time, but it will take you to a new level.
(c) 2009 Adrienne Osborn