Run Your Own Live Sound at Gigs
Sound better at rehearsals and shows.
Troubleshoot sound issues without stress.
- Where and how to connect cables
- How microphones work
- Mic technique
- How to mic and EQ different instruments
- Routing mixes to mains and monitors
- Understanding gain stages, inserts, effects, compression, and other channel strip controls
- Mixing the right levels for monitors vs. front-of-house
- Avoiding feedback
- Troubleshooting typical live sound problems
This online course includes:
- 2 hours of video lessons for you to watch at your pace during the 2-week course period
- Written references for you to download and read at your own schedule
- Timely online support from coach Justin during the course period
Who This Class Is For
Registration and Schedule
This online course is open for 2 weeks, Mon Mar 27-Sun Apr 9. There are no fixed meeting times. Work through the course online at your pace during those two weeks and get timely support from coach Justin if you have any questions.
About Your Teacher
Justin Leighton Long is a musician, engineer and record producer who has worked in various styles including blues, country, rock, rap and pop. Justin was a founding member, lead guitarist and songwriter for the band No Address. No Address released Time Doesn’t Notice on Atlantic Records, with their debut single “Sadie (When I’m Gone)” standing at #11 on the Billboard Radio charts for 22 weeks. No Address toured North America extensively and Justin’s compositions have been featured in feature films and television series, as well as continuing to maintain airplay around the world, (as a fun fact) recently reaching #1 on the college radio charts in Bosnia.
As a pro audio sales consultant, he has worked and managed teams at Guitar Center and Sonic Sense.
As a recording engineer and producer Justin has worked for bands signed to labels including Atlantic, Elektra, Immortal, Wind Up, Curb, Blind Bat, S-Curve, Victory, Blues Legacy and J Records.