Stage Skills for Live-Band Performers
- How to get comfortable using the entire stage (and what you have to do BEFORE the show in order to use the area)
- How to use the song to get ideas for your performance
- How and when to take the mic off the stand (and what to do with the stand after that)
- What to do when you’re not singing
- When to move and when to stay in one place
- How to be interesting without moving around a lot
- How to rock a small stage
- How to get from one spot to another on stage without looking planned or awkward
- How to help the audience experience the most important element of a song
Class will include demonstrations. Come prepared to perform!
Who This Class Is For
From beginners who feel unsure about everything on stage, to intermediate performers who feel comfortable on stage but would like to learn a framework that takes their performance to the next level.
Registration and Schedule
Sunday Feb 23, 2020, 2-5pm
– Use card on file: email us
About Justin Leighton Long
Justin Leighton Long is a musician, engineer and record producer who has worked in various styles including blues, country, rock, rap and pop. Justin was a founding member, lead guitarist and songwriter for the band No Address. No Address released Time Doesn’t Notice on Atlantic Records, with their debut single “Sadie (When I’m Gone)” standing at #11 on the Billboard Radio charts for 22 weeks. No Address toured North America extensively and Justin’s compositions have been featured in feature films and television series, as well as continuing to maintain airplay around the world, (as a fun fact) recently reaching #1 on the college radio charts in Bosnia.
As a recording engineer and producer Justin has worked for bands signed to labels including Atlantic, Elektra, Immortal, Wind Up, Curb, Blind Bat, S-Curve, Victory, Blues Legacy and J Records.