We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Full lesson payment is due for cancellations or reschedules inside that window. If you can’t make your lesson due to snow or transportation issues, we can still have the lesson by Skype, FaceTime, or Google Hangout. Our system sends automated emails and texts, so you’ll be sure to remember when you have a lesson. You can also log in to your account and view your upcoming schedule. Not receiving, or not reading, a reminder email or text does not let you off the hook for showing up to your lesson.
Some studios offer free first lessons. Why don’t we?
Because, like the personal trainer says in the following video: We provide value from day one, so we expect our clients to pay from day one. That first lesson is essentially a trial lesson – it’s just not free. Even if you decide there’s not a fit with the teacher and don’t want to continue, you will walk away from your first lesson with actionable tips and techniques. (Watch and laugh.)
But we know there’s nothing like meeting someone in person. Personality can make or break a student/teacher relationship! We encourage you to drop in when we have an open house, or come to one of our Tuesday night performance classes. Or we can do a quick meet-n-greet if we can fit it in between lessons.
Save $5/hour with monthly payments.
- Monthly payments cover four weekly lessons in one calendar month. (Five if there are five lesson days in that month, such as five Tuesdays, and you stick to your lesson day.)
- If your teacher can’t make a regular lesson and you can’t mutually reschedule, we’ll pro-rate that month.
- You can reschedule lessons, if your teacher can.
- Credit card auto-payments charge on the 1st.
- Cash and checks are due at the last lesson of the preceding month.
- To stop your monthly payment, contact Adrienne (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the charge runs.
- Unused lessons don’t roll over month to month.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy still applies. (Lessons rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance are considered late cancellations and count toward your 4-lesson monthly total.)
Save $10/hour by paying for four months at a time.
- Four-month payments cover four months of weekly lessons, which is a total of 17 lessons.
- The entire payment is due up front.
- 5% discount for cash or check payment.
- If you or your teacher can’t make a regular lesson, we trust that you can mutually reschedule during the 4-month period. If not, let Adrienne know and we’ll make it right.
- Unused lessons don’t roll over from one four-month period to another four-month period.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy still applies. (Lessons rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance are considered late cancellations and count toward the 17-lesson total.)