If you’re planning on taking your career seriously but have some holes in your knowledge, we can help you fill them. Check out the tabs below to see these classes.
We are offering both Songwriting and Music Theory 101 this fall. Songwriting runs Sep 5 through Oct 17 (7 weeks). Music Theory 101 runs Nov 7-Dec 19 (7 weeks). Both are on Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30pm, at our Denver location and are taught by Justin. Details below.
Are you writing songs, but feel a bit lost wondering if they’re good? Or you don’t know where to even start? This class will get you on your feet and writing songs right away.
You Will Learn:
- How to identify song sections, song structures and arrangements.
- A song analysis method that will help you understand what makes great songs work.
- Various strategies to find ideas and themes for your own original songs.
- The basics of lyric writing: narrative, point of view and tense.
- An easy music theory method to help you write chord progressions and spice up basic songs.
- How to use melodic structure and repetition to write catchy melody lines.
- How to jumpstart your creativity and write when you are uninspired.
- The most important part of song writing: the editing process.
You can participate in workshop style reviews of your own songs (if you like).
Wednesday nights 6:30-8:30pm